- New Build 60 Bed Rehabilitation Facility.
- Working with Local Authority (Salford City Council) & NHS Foundation Trust (Salford Royal) to meet End User requirements.
- Procure North West Framework.
- Engaged dialogue with both Salford City Council & Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust.
Salford City Council, working with Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust put forward a requirement for a new 60 bed Intermediate Care Unit (IMU) at the Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust site. The new IMU is to offer an increased care provision to the people of Greater Manchester as well as relief to acute wards at the neighbouring Salford Royal Hospital through the creation of a new rehabilitation facility.
Patients at the new IMU will have access to comfortable, engaging shared spaces at both levels to encourage social interaction and independence, whilst providing functional areas for dining, rehabilitation and physiotherapy. The new two storey IMU at Salford Royal aims to promote care within a bespoke facility, to enable patients to rehabilitate quickly and safely, ensuring they are fully ready to return back home or into the community and prevent a ‘bounce-back’ into the acute Hospital environment.
- Close liaison with all key clinical and local authority stakeholders to assist in agreeing layouts and finalising the design. This is inclusive of Salford City Council and Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust.
- Worked with the Design and Client Team to obtain planning permission in December 2019.
- Developed a single-stage Design & Build procurement route, obtained interest from key supply chain construction partners and received all tender returns within the project budget.
- Liaison with appointed Planning Consultants, Design Team and Client Team to manage and discharge associated planning conditions.
- Proactively managing the Client’s directly appointed Design Team to ensure programme deadlines are met for key stages of design delivery.
- Regularly reporting progress to the Client team on programme, cost and quality.
- Managing change requests throughout design and construction phase.