- New Build 6 Storey Major Trauma Unit – Value £67m
- Working with multiple stakeholders at Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust to meet End User requirements.
- Procure22 Framework.
- Engaged dialogue with Air Ambulance operators plus Civil Aviation Authority.
Salford Royal are looking to build a new Major Trauma Centre on the existing Acute site. This will provide accommodation over 6 floors, and house a diagnostics dept, Resus dept, Six operating Theatres and Recovery, and three wards – along with a rooftop helipad.
The scheme requires complex stakeholder management via liaison with multiple clinical departments, as well as external stakeholders such as the Air Ambulance Trust, Salford City Council and local Residents. We co-ordinated an open communication strategy with all project partners to deliver a design which met the requirements of all clinicians, a price which met the budget restrictions in place, and an overall scheme which placated local concerns over transport and parking issues.
This scheme is a flagship public sector Healthcare project for the Greater Manchester region. It involved complex framework discussions with ProCure22 to deliver a GMP within the tight programme timescales demanded by the client.
We assisted with updating the Full Business Case for submission to NHSI and HM Treasury for approval. This involved negotiating a GMP within a strict timetable so that the FBC could be updated with firm pricing and programme arrangements.
- Close liaison with all key clinical and external stakeholders to assist in agreeing layouts and finalising the design. This is inclusive of Salford City Council, the Air Ambulance operators and the CAA.
- Worked with the Design and Client Team to obtain planning permission in December 2019.
- Led the procurement of the PSCP via the P22 procurement route and delivered an affordable GMP within a tight timeframe to meet business case approval requirements
- Liaison with appointed Planning Consultants, Design Team and Client Team to manage and discharge associated planning conditions.
- Regularly reporting progress to the Client team on programme, cost and quality.
- Managing change requests throughout design and construction phase.